- WALS 2017 Memorial video clip presented at Closing ceremony is extended and uploaded on YouTube now.
You may find yourself and your colleagues in exiting scenery movie. Enjoy post-conference entertainment!
- Recourses of P-sym-4 “How Lesson Study Woks in Africa and Asia” are now available here.
- Now final programme and Abstract are available here.
- Guidelines for Paper Presentation/Symposium/Round Table and Poster Presentation are available here.
- Now Facebook of WALS 2017 is available! “WALS 2017 Info” delivers details of conference programme and useful tips for participants.
- Day 1 and Symposium programme are revised.
School visit programme is uploaded.
- Sponsorship for PhD Students is now available.
- Registration is closed.
- Registration for School Visit to Kindergarten is closed.
- Participants who need Japanese visa are required to complete the “Request form” and send it to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Please check the visa requirements for your nationality (citizenship).
- Preliminary conference programme is now available!
Special scheduling request is not allowed in principle. However, if you have more than one presentation scheduled at the same time, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th September, 2017.
No changes to the name of presenters or title are allowed, unless there is a clear error such as a typo.
Oral Presentation A (alphabetical order)
Oral Presentation B (session-room order)
- Information for presenters (Oral/Poster/Symposium/Round Table)
1. WALS 2017 abstract status (accept/reject) has been sent to presenting authors on 30th August, 2017. (Please check junk or spam mail) Any modification of abstract should be completed by 10th September, 2017. For more information, please refer to abstract status notification e-mail.
2. Preliminary conference programme will be uploaded on the conference website from 15th to 25th September, 2017. As the organising committee is trying to allocate about 400 presentations into two conference days,special scheduling request is not allowed in principle. However, if you have more than one presentation scheduled at the same time, kindly contact us before 25th September, 2017.
- Abstract Submission is closed.
- Program at a glance is now revised. Please read Program at a glance.
Poster Presentation Guideline is uploaded. Please read Poster Presentation Guideline.
- The organising committe of WALS 2017 has decided to extend the deadline for abstract submissions to 15th August, 2017.
Abstract & Full paper submission schedule (Revised)
- Sponsorship instruction is now renewed!
Welcome to be a partner of WALS 2017.
- Lesson Study Immersion Programme (LSIP) in Fukui has almost reached the maximum capacity for participants. Please register as soon as possible to ensure your participation in LSIP. Please see updated programme linked on the right. (http://www.fu-edu.net/wals/)
- Guideline of Call for papers is now revised. Please read Instruction of Call for papers.
Online registration is now available. Please read Online Registration Guidelines.
- Profiles of WALS2017 Keynote Speakers: Prof. Andreas Gruschka (Germany), Prof. Tan Oon-Seng (Singapore) and Prof. Tadahiko Abiko (Japan)
- Now available conference Flyer & Poster for advertisement! Click banner on the right.
- Announcement about registration fee is uploaded. Please see "Conference Registration Fees" above.
- Draft information about submission. Please see “Instruction of Call for papers” above.
- Accommodation page open.
- Website is now open.
World Association of Lesson Studies (WALS)
International Conference 2017
24-27 November 2017, Nagoya University, Japan
Bridging Research and Practice through Lesson Study
We are very pleased to host the World Association of Lesson Studies (WALS) 11th Annual International Conference at Nagoya University, Japan on 24-27 November 2017.
Our aim is to bring together practitioners and researchers around the world to share knowledge,
experience and insights of Lesson Study as a form of practice-based research.
A/P Hiroyuki Kuno
Chair, WALS 2017 Organising Committee