Instruction of Call for papers
Information for presenters (Oral/Poster/Symposium/Round Table)
- WALS 2017 abstract status (accept/reject) has been sent to presenting authors on 30th August, 2017. (Please check junk or spam mail) Any modification of abstract should be completed by 10th September, 2017. For more information, please refer to abstract status notification e-mail.
- Preliminary conference programme will be uploaded on the conference website from 15th to 25th September, 2017. As the organising committee is trying to allocate about 400 presentations into two conference days,special scheduling request is not allowed in principle. However, if you have more than one presentation scheduled at the same time, kindly contact us before 25th September, 2017.
Notes for Submission
There are four ways to present your work.
Oral (Paper Presentation), Poster Presentation, Symposium, Round table/Workshop
Categories of papers
* please choose two categories for each submission
Each concurrent session (November 25 and 26) takes 90 minutes and is comprised of three presentations and discussion.
Symposium and Round table/Workshop take 90 minutes each and usually consist of three presentations. It is important to appoint a facilitator/coordinator to respond and manage these sessions and keep time.
Abstracts and full paper submission Guidelines
All submissions can only be completed online.
Submission Period and Procedure
* Only abstract submitted by July 31 will be notified of its acceptance/rejection by August 31
Full paper submission (Optional)
November 1 - December 31 (JST: GMT+9)
- The abstract title should be 20 words maximum with 300-600 words of text.
Oral (Paper Presentation), Poster Presentation are requested to choose two appropriate Research Topics from the 12 categories listed above.
- All proposals will go through a strict review process. Proposers will be informed by August 31, 2017.
- Full paper submissions (optional) will be open from November 1 to December 31. Only PDF files will be accepted (less than 15 pages included foot notes and references).
Accepted full papers will be accessible only via WALS HP (http://www.walsnet.org/) approximately 2 months after the conference. Hard copy of proceedings will NOT be provided.
Inquiries for Abstract submission
The WALS 2017 Organising Committee,
Graduate School of Education and Human Development, Nagoya University
Correspondent: Hiroyuki Kuno (Mr) and Shirley Tan (Ms)